The Upper Hutt Cosmopolitan Club Incorporated is a non-profit registered Incorporated Society that provides a range of amenities for its members. The Upper Hutt Cosmopolitan Club Incorporated is licensed by the Department of Internal Affairs to operate gaming machines. Grants from the proceeds of the gaming machines can only be approved if:
Gaming machine funds can only be used for an authorised purpose. Generally this means a charitable or sporting purpose that will benefit a section of the community in a non-commercial sense.
The Department of Internal Affairs has provided the following examples of non-authorised purposes in terms of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1977:
|Department of Internal Affairs considers the following to be examples of purposes which would not be valid||Department of Internal Affairs considers the following to be examples of purposes which in many cases are unlikely to be valid|
| • Purchase or subsidy of alcohol, including the provision of inventory for a club or the like.,
• Stake money for any type of race;
• Payment of legal expenses incurred by a site operator.,
• Construction or alteration work to bar areas of gaming machine site (other than allowable gaming machine installation expenses);
• Maintenance or provision of bar facilities;
• Funding for advertising or marketing schemes for operator sites;
• Costs associated with staging 'after match' functions for sporting groups. Groups.
| • A purpose which will result in a clear commercial gain (i.e. more than incidental) for any individual or organisation;
• Grants to further the activities of professional
sportspersons (except where such a grant is made for any coaching, training or development purpose for amateur sport or community organisation);
• A grant to any individual sports person unless it is made to, and administered by, an incorporated
sporting body to which the individual is affiliated;
• Lobbying groups other than for party political purposes or purposes that benefit the community;
• Family reunions;
• Events or trips which are predominantly social in
• Purchase or subsidy of vehicles for purposes
associated with social functions;
• Prizes for sporting events (except trophies, or modest non-cash prizes for use in genuine community sporting events – ‘modest’ will be determined by the size of the event concerned.
Simply scroll down the page to the "let’s get started" area, select the category that best fits the type of grants request. Then register your details as the person making the application in the section marked “Person making the application” and click on the ‘apply here’ button. This will open a screen in which you can complete, and save your application.
Yes, these are listed in the "Let’s get started" section, where there is a drop down menu of different types of grant options you can choose from.
No. Only mandatory fields are required, however the more information you enter, the more consideration your application will receive.
Yes you can leave the application, just hit the save button first at the base of the page. To continue your incomplete application form, simply refer to the email sent to you labelled "User Application link" and use your allocated application password to log back in and complete your application form.
It is most likely because you have not filled in an entry into a mandatory field. Check if there are any highlighted questions. If there are you will need to enter information into the mandatory field.
No, but if you have some relevant information you think would well support your application then it would be advisable to attach it. There is the ability to attach a Word, PowerPoint or image file, please be aware that the maximum file size is 5MBs.
Once you have applied you will be sent a confirmation message, acknowledging receipt of your application, along with notification of how many days before you receive notice of your success or otherwise.
The obligations of all applicants that are successful are described in the Terms and Conditions section of the application, please read this carefully.
If you are having a system or program issue with the application then please click on the help desk link below and lets us know by completing the email support request form. We will endeavour to respond the same day if your request is filed before 12 noon or the following day if your request is filed after 12 noon. The help desk response will only be available Mondays to Fridays and not on public holidays.